What Is a Serum and How Is It Made?
Introducing anti wrinkle serums into your beauty regimen can have lasting benefits for your skin. However, to choose the formula that’s right for you, you’ll want to know more about how serums are made and how different products produce different advantages. With so many beauty serums for sale, it’s important to understand how different active ingredients affect your skin.
The Secret Is in Hydration
What is a serum? In a word, it’s hydration. Each application provides a rich balance of water-soluble vitamins and minerals that is absorbed into the skin, locking in moisture at a molecular level. It infuses the skin with powerful antioxidants that reduce the number of free radicals, limiting the degenerative effects of aging. Unlike other moisturizing creams or oils, serums provide a concentrated dose of active ingredients without added occlusive ingredients that reduce effectiveness.
What’s in the Bottle?
Depending on your formula, the list of active ingredients changes. Each has their unique revitalizing attributes and react differently with varying skin types. Common vitamins and compounds include:
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C serum provides beneficial antioxidants and natural UV protection. This reduces sun spots, discoloration and other harmful effects of UV radiation.
- Vitamin B5 – B5 is a powerful moisturizer and anti-inflammatory used in repairing wounded or damaged skin.
- Coenzyme Q10 – A treatment with coenzyme Q10 serum energizes the skin, helping it replenish collagen levels, providing it more elasticity.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E provides relief for dry skins, helping it replenish essential oils. It is not recommended for those with naturally oily skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid – This compound is known for its solubility, capable of holding nearly 1000-times its weight in water. Hyaluronic acid is one of the most effective skin moisturizers available.
Discover the power of concentrated hydration and unleash the natural, ageless beauty in your skin at Timeless Skin Care. Please contact us to receive more information about the revitalizing benefits of anti-wrinkle serum.