Vitamin C is a powerful nutrient that can improve your immune system, prevent eye disease and boost collagen production. Although you may get enough vitamin C in your diet, your skin may not be seeing the benefits. To really boost your skin’s absorption of vitamin C, add products like vitamin C + E ferulic acid serum to your skin care regimen.
Benefits of Vitamin C for Skin
What does vitamin C serum do? Vitamin c serum uses include:
- Boosts collagen production to give your firmer skin.
- Fights signs of aging by smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Evens outs skin tone by inhibiting melanin production.
- Helps to repair damage from sun exposure.
- Gives added sun protection from harmful UV rays. (This does not replace a sunscreen or SPF protection.)
- Prevent moisture loss, especially in a product that combines hyaluronic acid + vitamin C.
How to Use Vitamin C Products
Layering skin care products is fairly common, but it can be difficult to choose the order. It’s recommended to use your skin care products in order of thinnest to thickest. Toner, which is very light, goes on first. Then serums and moisturizers. If you’re using multiple serums, work from lowest pH to highest pH to increase the absorption rate. Generally, the vitamin C serum will go on first, followed by peptides and hyaluronic acid. It should be used between the toner and moisturizer.
Choosing a Vitamin C Product
Look for vitamin C serum in an opaque, airtight bottle, because the product will lose efficacy when exposed to heat, light and air. You want a product that has between 15 to 30 percent vitamin C to get maximum exposure. Consistency is key to using vitamin C. Incorporate it into your daily routine for best results.
Shop for vitamin C serum for acne and other skin care products that will keep your skin healthy and looking it best.