Wrinkles are not the only enemy of youthful skin; age spots and sagging skin also make you look older. Fortunately, these five highly effective essential oils for skin can renew your natural beauty and radiance. Essential oils are concentrated plant extracts which have enhanced people’s lives for thousands of years with their cosmetic and dietary benefits. Now you can use essential oils as one of the most potent anti-aging skin care products that money can buy.
Essential oils are highly effective in cleansing and toning the skin, leaving your face and body feeling more taut and looking more firm. These are the top five essential oils, and their main applications:
1. Lavender Oil: The most popular of the essential oils for skin treatment, lavender oil softens up and rejuvenates flakey, dry, and cracked skin, and it smooths out fine lines and shallow wrinkles.
2. Sandalwood Oil: Another natural oil that lubricates dry patches, sandalwood is also used to minimize discoloration and even out skin tone.
3. Bergamot Oil: Bergamot oil is often used in diffusers because of its mood-enhancing citrus fragrance, but it is also a proven anti-bacterial agent which helps heals scars and fade dark spots.
4. Rose Oil: If you have aging, sagging skin, rose oil is a blessing in a bottle, and one of the most inexpensive anti-aging skin care products you can buy. Its antimicrobial properties make it a great spot treatment for acne.
5. Frankincense Oil: As a folk medicine, frankincense oil has been used for centuries to improve the skin. It is one of the best essential oils for skin rejuvenation, and it restores the skin’s natural elasticity to smooth out stretch marks.
Essential oils for skin are usually applied with a carrier agent like argan oil or squalane oil to help them absorb below the surface. We’re partial to squalane oil because it reverses UV damage and erases skin pigmentation by fighting free radicals.
We suggest you try several of these top five essential oils for skin to find your favorite, because each has its own distinctive fragrance and viscosity. Essential oils are Mother Nature’s natural lubricant for your skin, so always keep several bottles on hand to avoid a dry spell.