Let’s face it, we all want vibrant, dewy skin, no matter what our age or skin challenge! Young or old, blemishes or wrinkles, the key to healthy, glowing skin is well hydrated skin. Right now, the superpower ingredient that everyone is talking about is Hyaluronic Acid.
Don’t let the word ‘acid’ in Hyaluronic Acid scare you away. HA is one of the best moisturizers for dry skin and oily, for sensitive skin as well as problematic. HA is a sugar molecule that occurs naturally in the body, providing hydration for joints, eyes and skin. It is renowned for holding up to 1000 times its molecular weight in water and also works as a humectant, attracting moisture from the environment and binding it to skin cells.
As we age, our skin naturally begins to lose collagen and hyaluronic acid, causing the skin to become more dehydrated and less youthful looking. Loss of moisture and skin cell renewal plays a factor in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. But even before you start seeing any visible signs of aging, hyaluronic acid helps keep the skin hydrated and healthy, protecting the skin against environmental damages.
By incorporating the best hyaluronic acid serum available in your beauty routine, you will be building a defense for your skin against future damage by maintaining optimal moisture levels.
Why should you use it everyday in your skincare routine?
HA is great for all skin types, due to its lightweight nature that absorbs easily into the skin. Here are the top 6 benefits for incorporating Hyaluronic Acid into your skin care routine.
- Hydrates dry skin: absorbs into the skin, binding moisture to skin cells, supporting elastin and the collagen matrix.
- Increases Protection: fortifies the skin’s natural lipid barriers, protecting against environmental damages.
- Tightens and Lifts Skin: fills skin with moisture, helping tighten saggy skin and improve elasticity, firming facial contours.
- Reduces Fine Lines and Wrinkles: reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by plumping up skin cells, making skin more supple.
- Smooth Texture: combine with a derma roller to help with acne scarring and smoothing out the skin, allowing make up to glide on, not creasing into imperfections.
- Fight Against Acne: by improving the lipid barrier, the skin is better able to protect itself against inflammation and irritation which causes breakouts.
Timeless has two fantastic HA products to add into your skin care routine, such as blending Hyaluronic Acid Serum 100% Pure into your day time and night time moisturizer, or as an ultra hydrating serum, with the “Essential” Timeless’ Hyaluronic Acid Vitamin C Serum to brighten, clarify and protect.
In fact, HA is increasingly being used in other areas of health, rather than just as an anti-aging product. The FDA has approved HA for injections in the treatment of pain for osteoarthritis patients, and it has also been shown to support intestinal wound healing, fighting inflammation in the gastrointestinal tract. The Amino Research Team lists these foods as containing the highest levels of hyaluronic acid:
- Sweet potatoes
- Jerusalem artichokes
- Leafy greens
So, go grab one of these great fruits or vegetables, smooth on some serum and enjoy the benefits of Hyaluronic Acid inside and out!