Summer comes with trips to the beach, afternoons by the pool, and backyard barbecues. But with all that exposure to the sun, chlorine, bug spray, grill smoke, and other summertime standbys, you’re going to need to be extra vigilant about your skincare routine. Luckily, these essential vitamins can keep you healthy and youthful.
Vitamin C Is for Clear Skin
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is essential for keeping your skin clear. Its benefits include its ability to:
- Protect skin from damaging UV radiation.
- Reduce skin discoloration for a more even tone.
- Promote anti-aging by boosting collagen production.
A topical vitamin C serum is a great defense against the sun during the summer months.
Use Vitamin B5 Before You Dry Out
If summer has always meant a season of rough, scaly skin, it’s time to hydrate with a vitamin B5 serum. B5 acts as a moisturizer by helping skin retain water, making it softer and more elastic. Additionally, this vitamin:
- Reduces irritation caused by mild allergies, sunburn, and bug bites.
- Blocks irritants that cause inflammation.
- Helps damaged skin repair itself to be healthier than before.
Rub a B5 serum into your skin thoroughly to experience its hydrating, soothing capabilities.
Vitamin E Does Almost Everything
For a true do-it-all sensation, look no further than vitamin E, a skincare standby. Especially effective when combined with other antioxidants, this hard-working supplement can:
- Soften and moisturize dry skin.
- Slow wrinkle formation by strengthening connective tissue.
- Lighten brown spots for a more even tone.
Applying a vitamin E treatment before bed is a great way to let its deep-healing properties kick in, leaving you fresh-faced for the morning.
If your normal repertoire of moisturizers and sunscreen isn’t cutting it this summer, try these treatments and discover what vitamins can do for your skin. For more information about the best routine for your unique skin, contact Timeless Skin Care today.