5 Ways Hyaluronic Acid Serum Combats Dehydrated Winter Skin
Cold winter weather can play havoc on your skin, causing moisture loss through dehydration. Skin needs moisture to maintain that soft, supple, glowing appearance, and to reduce lines and wrinkles that occur more frequently in dehydrated skin. Fortunately, you can fight skin dehydration with hyaluronic acid serum for skin. So, how does it work?
Here are five ways hyaluronic acid serum combats dry winter skin:
- Attracts Moisture: Hyaluronic acid is a moisture magnet that can attract and hold as much as 1,000 times its weight in water, keeping moisture in your skin cells where it belongs.
- Unique Molecular Structure: It is made up of molecules of varying sizes. Smaller molecules sink deep into the skin to hydrate from the inside, while the larger molecules settle on the surface of the skin to attract moisture from the outside.
- Seals in Moisture: When skin is dry or dehydrated, Hyaluronic acid retains the moisture already in the skin and prevents it from evaporating.
- Antioxidant Properties: Hyaluronic acid contains antioxidants that protect your skin from pollution and other free radicals that can make dehydrated winter skin even worse.
- Moisture Retention: The moisture retaining properties of a Hyaluronic acid face serum help reduce signs of aging that may result from dehydrated winter skin.
It's important to remember that dry skin and dehydrated skin are two different things. Dry skin results from a lack of oil production while dehydrated skin results from lack of moisture. Cold, dry temperatures, dry heat in homes and offices and a lack of humidity during the winter months can all contribute to dehydrated winter skin. Fortunately, for those of you who battle dehydrated skin in the winter, the effects are easy to combat with products like pure hyaluronic acid serum, hyaluronic acid + vitamin c or one of the many other products available on our website.