10 Skincare Tips for the Colder Weather
It is time to start thinking about skin care tips for fall. The colder air can work against skin luminance in several ways, but fortunately, there are ways to combat any harmful effects and give your skin a glow that lasts all winter.
- Add a Hydrating Serum –As you build your daily skin care routine, consider applying a product containing one of the best face serums under your regular moisturizing cream.
- Try a Colder Shower –Try a warm temp instead of hot. Consider shortening your shower time to protect your skin’s natural oil content.
- Use a humidifier – Your home’s heating system tends to dry out the air, sapping your skin’s moisture. A humidifier can help.
- Moisturize While Wet –It may seem counterintuitive at first, but the best time to apply moisturizer is before your skin is dehydrated.
- Double-Up Your Hand and Foot Care –Your hands and feet take the brunt of the abuse in the cold weather. Give them extra care to keep them looking and feeling their best.
- Fragrance-Free –Fragrances added to moisturizing products can be counterproductive. Use single-ingredient solutions like Argan Oil timeless healing spray to avoid skin irritants.
- Softer Is Better –Wear soft fabrics like cotton against your skin to protect it from rougher polyester or wool clothing.
- Pump the Antioxidants –Antioxidants help protect and repair your skin in the colder months. What to eat? Choose brighter-colored foods for the best chance of eating what your skin needs to stay healthy. As well, using our natural vitamin c skin care product will both even your skin tone and build collagen.
- Pat, pat, pat –When drying your skin after cleansing, always pat, never rub.
- Get Great Sleep –Regular, deep sleep is the number one best thing you can do for the health of your skin in any weather. Learn to relax and get as much restful sleep as possible.
Battling the harmful effects of colder weather is possible and can help protect your skin’s appearance. If you are looking for tips on how to build a skincare routine, check out our website for more information.